Impress Your Loved One This Valentines With A Custom Made Love Card
Valentine’s day is just around the corner and excitement is in the air.Therefore, I decided to design a cute n pretty Valentine Theme Love Card so that you all can try it out and impress your soul-mate with it
- BACKGROUND HEART IMAGE
- GLOSSY HEART IMAGE
- SMOKE BRUSH
- CUPID BRUSH
- WING BRUSH
- DECORATIVE BRUSH
- HEART BRUSH
- SMALL STAR BRUSH
Create a new file with preset(web) and resolution 1024X768 so that its easy to send it via an email. Fill it with #9e0104 color.
Next select a custom shape of #f8f4f6 color and apply it in a following format, adjust the opacity to 80% and fill 25%.
To make our canvas a little more funky we will introduce some different shades to it for the following result we will use the gradient tool with foreground color as #cc4a03 and background color as #0a0500. Draw a diagonal gradient and change the blending mode of this layer to luminosity.
As we are making a valentine’s day theme tutorial the presence of hearts is must so next we will introduce some hearts in the picture! For this we are using the hearts stock image, time for a little trick – as the image is having a black background we will be facing a little problem blending it so what we are going to do is we will first Desaturate(ctrl+shift+u) the image by Image->Adjustments->Desaturate and along with it we will invert the colors to by Image->Adjustments->Invert or Ctrl+i but our work is not done here,we will have to change the blending mode to divide opacity to 50%.
The background looks a little dull we will make it a bit bright by adding a new layer,fill it with #fbfaf9 color. Change the blending mode to overlay and opacity to 65%.
Next we will introduce the Letter V. In place of V you can introduce the initial of your loved one (you can understand why I am using V here then ) we will be using the Hobo Std font sized at 330pt with White color #fbfaf9.
We will have to apply various blending options to make the text look more realistic.
- Drop Shadow with the default settings.
- Inner Shadow with blending mode color to #fdf6f8.
- Outer glow with blending mode color to #fdf6f8.
- Inner Glow with blending mode color to white #fdf6f8.
- Bevel and Emboss with highlight mode to screen and color to white #fdf6f8.
The Final result would be as follows:
We will now be decorating the V:
- We will be attaching wings to it by using the “wings brush set”.
The transparency of the wings is a little high so to make it bright just duplicate the wings layer and merge the two layers together.
To add a little more drama to the text we will apply the “decorative brush” of #fbfaf9 color with opacity 50%.
Moving on we will be applying a little glitter on the canvas around the letter as well as on the top right corner using “glitter brushset” of #fbfaf9 color.
We will now construct a HALO over the flying V giving it an angle look. The feature I am about to use is only present in Photoshop CS5. To make a halo goto 3D->new shape from layer->ring, u will get a grey colored ring.
Now to make the color adjustments we will apply the following blending options:
- Drop shadow, inner shadow, outer glow, inner glow all with default setting only change the color to white.
- Bevel and emboss,color overlay with the following settings:
To add a little more shine on the left side of the halo we will apply the lens flare by Filter-> Render->Lens Flare.
A little more hearts need to be introduced in the picture so we will use a “glossy heart image” behind V and also at the bottom right corner resizing each image and making it look like a pattern.
We will now add a glow brush to make it a little more mesmerizing along with the small heart brush over the Halo making it look as it is emitting them.
Next we will add a little smoke using the “smoke brush” under V to give it a misty effect and along with it we will also add a cupid using the cupid brush of #fbfaf9 in our image(because no valentine day photo is complete without the cupid ).
We are almost done with our image, now we will just add a little text saying HAPPY VALENTINES DAY on the bottom left corner of the canvas in font type as HOBO STD with #fbfaf9 color and blending option as bevel and emboss with the default settings.
This is it,I hope you all liked it.
9 Comments + Add Comment
Leave a comment
- 25 Amazing Lanscape Manipulations To Get Your Inspiation Into An Overdrive
- Impress Your Loved One This Valentines With A Custom Made Love Card
- Turn Your Photo Into A Terminator Style Robot Using Photoshop
- Make a Prince Of Persia Style Babylonian Architecture in Photoshop
- Create a Spooky Mystic 3D Typography
- 40 Smashing Digital Manipulations To Inspire You
- 25 Beautiful 3D Typography Text Effects in Photoshop
- Create a Fiery Texture Manipulation With Light Adjustments